The Matisse Interfaces Open-Source global initiative launched in Summer
2001 continues to expand and grow. With the support of the Matisse Developer
Community, Matisse Software has further formalized its Open-Source program.
The adoption of a broad and solid public license was key to give the necessary
freedom to both contributors and end-users.
Go to the downloads section to access these interfaces
- Matisse Eiffel Language Binding
- Matisse PHP Language Binding
- Matisse Python Language Binding
Matisse Interfaces Public License (MIPL)
The Matisse Interfaces Public License is based on the Mozilla Public License
V 1.1 (
http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/) with the following changes:
1. The license is published by Matisse. Only Matisse can modify the terms
applicable to Covered Code.
2. The license can be modified and used for code which is not already
governed by this license. Modified versions of the license must be renamed
to avoid confusion with Mozilla’s or Matisse’s license and
must include a description of changes from the Matisse Interfaces Public
3. The name of the license in Exhibit A is the "Matisse Interfaces
4. The reference to an alternative license in Exhibit A has been removed.
Please read the Matisse Interfaces Public License, Version 1.0 (MIPL)
Matisse Software has chosen to base the Matisse Interfaces Public License
on the Mozilla Public License in order to provide a licensing framework
with a great degree of freedom for initial developers and contributors
as well as for end-users of these interfaces.
Become a Certified Contributor
If you want to become a certified contributor of a Matisse open-source
interface or if you are interested in initiating the development of a
new interface, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to discuss the terms and benefits of our program.